- Looks like you've got nothing in your cart. Why don't you visit the store?
There is something incredibly cruel about a naturopathic doctor who removes chocolate from someones diet just before Easter. Who would do such a thing. Have no fear my chocolate and sugar free friends…. my good friend and Holistic Nutritionist extraordinaire, Jesse Lane, has come to the rescue. Jesse originally introduced me to this recipe at Christmas time when we were filing an episode of Bright Almond TV. It is addictive and it can be modified for any season and occasion based on your preferred toppings. The best part – there is no sugar!
Carob Bark aka [Healthy] Candy Craving Bark
3/4 cup candy cane bits (or walnuts or whatever you want)
3/4 cup carob powder
2 Tbs Lacuma powder (you can leave this out. It is just a way to increase the vitamin C content)
1/8tsp stevia (the stevia should be raw or green. It will taste soon much better)
1/2 – 3/4 C Coconut oil (melted)
5-10 drops peppermint extract
1. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper
2. Mix carob, lacuna and stevia
3. Add peppermint oil (don’t include if you are using peppermint or candy cane pieces)
4. Add coconut oil
5. Top with candy canes, walnuts or your whatever
6. Freeze for 2 hours.
Store in the refrigerator.
You life will never be the same.